Vineyard Photography Workshops & Wine Tasting Picnics
New dates for Summer and Fall 2015 to be announced soon.
Click here to join my mailing list and be notified when new dates are announced.
A Visual Exploration of the Steinbeck Country Terroir on Location in the Vineyards of the Santa Lucia Highlands, Monterey County, California
- Learn to shoot commercial and fine art quality vineyard photography
- Achieve your personal course objectives with a small class-size and hands-on 1-on-1 instruction
- Enjoy exclusive access to private and restricted property
- Catch morning dew drops sprinkled like crushed diamonds, rolling hills of vineyard rows bathed in golden light, the eastern edge of Big Sur shrouded in fog, and the full spectrum of the changing seasons
- Sample the lifestyle of a vineyard photographer in a world-renowned Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vineyard
- Experience a one-of-a-kind memorable day in the Santa Lucia Highlands
- For the professional photographer looking to build a portfolio
- For the amateur wanting to decorate his/her home or office
- For local wine connoisseurs wanting to expand and deepen their experience, or wine travelers looking to immerse themselves in the Santa Lucia Highlands wine culture
Workshop includes: 6 hours of on-location instruction, wine tasting, picnic meal, bottle of wine, and my vineyard photography book, A Year in the Vineyard.
All for the low price of $195.00.
Click here to read the Workshop Policies & Waiver of Liability (PDF).
Click here for current discounts, deals & specials (PDF).
Click here to download the Workshop Application (PDF).
Click here to download the full Workshop Brochure & Application (PDF).
“I participated in Steve’s vineyard workshop earlier this year and was impressed by his teaching skills and course management, as well as his knowledge of photography and viticulture. From hands-on photography instruction in the vineyard, to sampling wines in the tasting room, each participant walks away with a greater appreciation for both. I am pleased that the CPA is now able to partner with Steve and offer this course to a broader audience.” —Richard Cannon, President, CPA Board of Trustees
“We all had a great time with Steve in the vineyards. I will definitely do another workshop with him in the future. He is a talented photographer and what touches me most, he is really a nice man with a great heart.”
—Rita Costa-Hollmann, Photographer
“Steve awakens us to the many moods and beauty of the landscape. His art sensitizes our vision to the subtleties of light. We have inspired each other for over 10 years through our eyes. Steve is very passionate regarding his art.”
—Jack Wasserbach, Photographer & Director of the ImageMakers of Monterey
“I not only enjoyed myself at Steve’s vineyard workshop, I came away with some gorgeous images using several of the techniques Steve shared with me. Steve was informative and responsive, yet unobtrusive once I was deep in my creative process making a photograph. The overall timing and flow of the day could not have been better.”
—Jake Kauffman, Photographer
“Thank you so much for a beautiful day. Your workshop was very professional…to the very end. You did a great job in creating and putting together a unique photo experience.”
—Jacqui Turner, Photographer
“What is most fascinating about A Year in the Vineyard is how the photographer uses black and white photography to convey the starkness of the vineyards in winter and color photography to celebrate the burst of color in spring, summer and fall. Every picture in the book is worthy of being enlarged, framed and hung on a wall of a wine lover’s home.”
—Wine & Jazz Magazine, November 2010